The primary purpose of the Industrial Tour & Business Matching Platform is to provide a platform that connects Japanese companies that possess world-class technical capabilities and Japanese municipalities that are distinguishing themselves through their own efforts with individuals from all over the world who are interested in such companies and municipalities.
When using the “Industrial Tour & Business Matching Platform” (the “Services”), you must read the “Terms of Service for the Industrial Tour & Business Matching Platform” (these “Terms”) in its entirety and accept all provisions of these Terms.
By using the Services, you will be deemed to understand the content of these Terms and to have accepted all provisions of these Terms.
The content of these Terms will be revised as necessary, so please review the latest Terms of Service when using the Services.
Article 1 (Definition of Terms)
The following terms used in these Terms shall have the meanings set forth below:
“Services” means, collectively, the services provided by the website that connects companies that possess world-class technical capabilities and municipalities that are distinguishing themselves through their own efforts with Site Users from all around the world through the Industrial Tour & Business Matching Platform website (the “Site”) that is operated by Deloitte Tohmatsu Consulting LLC (the “Company”).
“Advertisers” means the companies and municipalities that have registered for the Services in accordance with the “Contract Terms for the Industrial Tour & Business Matching Platform” that are separately established by the Company.
“Site Users” means all persons who use the Services (excluding the Advertisers).
“Registered User” means an individual who has registered as a user in accordance with Article 4 of these Terms.
Article 2 (Scope and Revisions of these Terms)
The purpose of these Terms is to establish the terms and conditions for the provision of the Services and the rights and obligations between the Company and the Site Users regarding the use of the Services, and these Terms shall apply to all relationships between the Company and the Site Users relating to the use of the Services.
The Company may revise these Terms without the consent of the Site Users by notifying the Site Users by a method that the Company determines to be appropriate.
A Site User who uses all or part of the Services following a revision of these Terms will be deemed to have accepted all provisions of the revised Terms.
The rules regarding the use of the Services that are posted by the Company on the Site (regardless of what these rules are called) constitute a part of these Terms.
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the content of these Terms and the rules referred to in the preceding paragraph or any other explanation of the Services that is provided outside of these Terms, the provisions of these Terms shall prevail unless it is otherwise provided that such explanation or other terms shall prevail.
Article 3 (Overview of the Services)
The Services allow for the viewing of the Advertisers’ information provided by the Advertisers through the Company’s system.
The Company merely provides the platform and will not act as a broker for the execution of a contract between a Site User and an Advertiser.
If a Site User will be physically visiting an Advertiser’s facilities, the Site User agrees to comply with the terms that are separately established by such Advertiser. The Site User understands and agrees that no contractual relationship will arise between the Company and the Site User in connection with such visit.
The Company shall not be liable for any problems, damages or costs (including but not limited to court costs and attorneys’ fees; damages, costs, and the like are collectively referred to as “Damages, Etc.”), and all other matters between a Site User and an Advertiser.
Article 4 (Contact Form and Change in Site User’s Information)
A Site User may contact the Company or an Advertiser regarding the content of the Services or the posted information according to the method specified by the Company.
A Site User’s information that is provided to the Company under paragraph 1 will be processed according to the provisions of Article 10. The Company shall not be liable for the handling of a Site User’s information that is provided to an Advertiser.
If there is a change in a Site User’s email address that was notified to the Company or the Advertiser under paragraph 1, the Site User shall promptly notify the change in its email address according to the method specified in paragraph 1. All Damages, Etc. incurred due to the failure to change the email address shall be borne by the Site User, and the Company shall not be liable for any such Damages, Etc.
If an email sent to a Site User is undeliverable due to reasons such as an email block that is set up by the Site User or a change in the Site User’s email address, such notice will be deemed to have been given at the time the notice was sent by the Company.
If an email sent to a Site User is undeliverable, the Company may stop delivering emails to such email address.
In the case of the preceding two paragraphs, the Company shall not be liable for any Damages, Etc. incurred by a Site User due to the fact that the Site User was unable to receive the notice from the Company.
A Site User may, at any time, request the suspension of email delivery and other provision of information from the Deloitte Tohmatsu group based on the personal information provided to the Company through the Services by making a request to the Company according to the prescribed procedures.
Article 5 (Suspension of Use, Etc.)
If any of the following items applies to a Site User, the Company may take appropriate measures (e.g., prohibiting the Site User from accessing the Site) without giving any prior notice to the Site User. The Company shall not be required to disclose to the Site User its reason for taking such measures.
- The Site User has violated these Terms or any other terms or the like established by the Company.
- The Company determines that the Site User has made, or may have made, an unauthorized access to the Company’s computer and viewed, modified, or destroyed the Company’s business information (not limited to confidential information or information regarding the Services) without the Company’s permission.
- The Company determines that the manner in which the Site User uses the Services is contrary to public policy.
The Site User commits an act, on its own or through a third party, that falls under any of items (a) through (e) below against the Company or an Advertiser:
- Making a violent demand
- Making an unreasonable demand that exceeds one’s legal responsibility
- Engaging in threatening behavior or using violence
- Damaging the other party’s creditworthiness or interfering with the other party’s business by spreading false rumors or through deception or force
- Any other act that is equivalent to any of items (a) through (d)
- The Company otherwise determines that it would be inappropriate to continue providing the Services to the Site User.
The measures set forth in the preceding paragraph shall not prevent the Company from making a claim for damages against the Site User. The Company shall not be liable for any Damages, Etc. with regard to the fact that the measures set forth the preceding paragraph were taken.
Article 6 (Temporary Suspension of the Services)
In any of the following cases, the Company may suspend or interrupt the provision of all or part of the Services without any prior notice to the Site Users:
- When a periodic or emergency system inspection or maintenance will be performed
- When a computer or communication line is shut down due to an accident or a third-party attack
- The Services can no longer be operated due to an earthquake, lightning, fire, or other event of force majeure
- The Company otherwise determines that there is a need for suspension or interruption
- The Company shall not be liable for any Damages, Etc. incurred by the Site Users based on the measures taken by the Company pursuant to this Article.
Article 7 (Prohibited Acts)
The Site Users shall not engage in the following acts when using the Services:
- Reproducing by photocopying or other means, copying, sending, transferring, distributing, circulating, or reselling the information provided by the Services (in whole or in part), or storing such information to use for any such purpose, without the Company’s prior consent
- An act that violates these Terms
- An act that infringes the intellectual property rights of another person (including but not limited to the Company, the Advertisers, and third parties; same shall apply hereinafter)
- An act that invades the privacy of another person
- An act that harms the honor or reputation of another person or interferes with the business of another person
- An act that is contrary to public policy
- A criminal act or an act that will lead to a criminal act
- Providing false or fictitious information
- Providing information for the purpose of research or academic investigation
- Contacting an Advertiser for the purpose of sales, religious activities, political activities, or an improper purpose
- Interfering with the operation of or damaging the reputation of the Company, the Company’s corporate group, other legal entities in the Company’s corporate group, or the Services
- Distributing computer viruses or other harmful programs to a server managed by the Company
- Reverse engineering, decompiling, disassembling, or otherwise modifying any software, program, or the like that is used for the Services or in connection with the Services
- An act that violates or may violate a law or regulation
- Any other act that the Company determines to be inappropriate
Article 8 (Handling of Personal Information, Etc.)
The Company may provide information including advertisements (not limited to those of the Company, and including but not limited to [those of] the Advertisers) to the Site Users by email or other methods, and the Site Users agree to such provision of information. If a Site User expresses its desire not to receive information, the Company shall not provide such information.
If the Company determines that a Registered User has committed an act that causes any detriment or Damages, Etc. to the Company, the Site User itself, another Site User, an Advertiser, or a third party, the Company may notify the Site User’s information to such third party, police, or relevant body in accordance with the relevant laws and regulations.
If a court, public prosecutor’s office, police, tax office, consumer information center or any other body that has a similar authority, or a person that owes a duty of confidentiality to the Company requests the Company to disclose a Site User’s information, the Company may disclose such information, in whole or in part, for the purpose of protecting the Company’s rights, reputation, or property.
If the Company transfers the business that operates the Services to another company, the Company may, in connection with such transfer of business, assign its position under these Terms, its rights and obligations under these Terms, and the registration information, the Submitted Personal Information, and other information of the Site Users to the assignee in such transfer of business, and the Site Users will be deemed to have consented in advance to such assignment in this paragraph. The transfer of business referred to in this paragraph includes not only an ordinary transfer of business but also a company split or any other case in which the business is transferred.
The Company may, in some cases, use the information obtained through the Services and the information provided or entered by the Site Users (such information includes, for example, survey information regarding the evaluation of Advertisers after the removal of any information that identifies individuals or legal entities) for the purpose of developing other services of the Company, such as the analysis and evaluation of information, improvement of site operation, and provision of information to third parties.
Article 9 (Intellectual Property Rights)
The content provided or posted in the course of the Services is protected under various laws and regulations such as the Copyright Act, Trademark Act, and Design Act. The copyrights, trademarks, and other rights regarding the content and individual information included in the Services belong to the Company or the Advertisers that are providing content and the like for the Services.
A Site User shall not reproduce, disclose, assign, loan, translate, resell, forward, license, or reuse the Services or software or anything contained therein except in cases where it has obtained the prior consent of the Company, the Advertisers, and others. The Company will not make any warranty regarding any damages incurred by a Site User due to such acts, and if a Site User commits such acts, the Company may make a claim for damages.
Article 10 (Compliance with Laws and Regulations)
The Company reviews the content of the information posted on the Services in advance. However, all information regarding an Advertiser is provided at the Advertiser’s responsibility, and the Company makes no warranty regarding the accuracy, currency, validity, safety, and the like of the information that is provided.
The Company will have no involvement whatsoever in an Advertiser’s reply in response to an inquiry made by a Site User. The replying Advertiser will be responsible for any inquiry made by a Site User. A Site User will make an inquiry to an Advertiser with the understanding that there is no guarantee that a reply will necessarily be provided in response to its inquiry and that there may be cases where no reply is provided.
The Company will not receive any monetary or other compensation with regard to a Site User receiving a reply from an Advertiser in response to a question.
Article 11 (Modification, Addition, and Termination of the Services)
The Company may, at its own discretion, modify the Services and these Terms at any time and for any reason. In such cases, the Company will post a notice of the modification on the Site and the modification will become effective when a Site User uses all or part of the Services after it is posted on the Site.
If there is an urgent need to suspend or terminate all or part of the Services, the Company may suspend or terminate without giving the notice referred to in paragraph 1.
The Company shall not be liable for any Damages, Etc. incurred by a Site User or a third party due to a modification, addition, suspension, or termination of the Site or the Services.
Article 12 (Disclaimers)
The Company shall not be liable for any Damages, Etc. incurred by a Site User due to the discontinuation, suspension, or failure of the Site or the Services.
Site Users acknowledge in advance that there are cases where the use of the Site or the Services will be suspended for a certain period of time due to the reasons listed below with regard to the Site or the Services and shall not make any claim against the Company for the compensation of damages resulting from the suspension of the Site or the Services:
- Suspension for the inspection, repair, maintenance, or the like of a server, software, or the like for the Site or the Services
- Suspension due to an accident involving a computer, communication line, or the like
- Any other situation where the Company determines that there is a need to suspend due to compelling circumstances and suspends the use of the Site or the Services
The Company shall bear no obligations or responsibilities (including but not limited to the compensation of damages and the physical actions required for resolution) regarding any of the matters listed below to any person and under any circumstances:
- Damages, Etc. caused by or arising or resulting (whether in whole or in part) from a mistake (whether or not it was caused by the Company’s carelessness) or other circumstances related to acquiring, collecting, compiling, interpreting, analyzing, editing, translating, sending, transmitting, or distributing the information provided through the Services
- Direct, indirect, special, consequential, or incidental Damages, Etc. of any type that arise from the use or inability to use the information provided through the Services (regardless of whether or not the Company received advance notice regarding the possibility of such Damages, Etc.)
- Completeness, accuracy, reliability, validity, safety, and fitness for purpose of all information provided by Site Users and all information provided, recommended, sent, or disclosed by an Advertiser
- Completeness, accuracy, reliability, validity, safety, and fitness for purpose of the information that Site Users acquire through the Services (including any responsibility for information found on sites that are linked from the Services or any problems that arise from the content of such information)
- Problems, Damages, Etc., and all other matters that arise between Site Users or between a Site User and an Advertiser in connection with the Services (including all problems and Damages, Etc. that arise when a Site User visits an Advertiser)
- With regard to problems that arise between a Site User or Registered User and an Advertiser, the intermediation, negotiation, provision of information, and all other communication between such parties
If the Company discovers a description that falls under any of the items listed below, it may delete or revise such description without any notice. The Company will make all decisions regarding whether or not a description will be deleted or revised, and the Company will not be required to disclose the reason for making the deletion or revision. The Company shall not be liable for any Damages, Etc. caused by a deletion or revision.
- A description that violates these Terms
- A description that is contrary to public policy
- A description that contains a harmful program script
- A description that harms the honor or reputation of another person
- A description that interferes with the operation of the Company, the Company’s corporate group, legal entities in the Company’s corporate group, or the Services
- Any other description that the Company determines to be inappropriate
- The Company may modify the design and other specifications of the Site without any notice and shall not be liable for any Damages, Etc. incurred by a Site User due to such modification.
Article 13 (Noninvolvement with Antisocial Forces)
A Site User represents that it does not belong to or fall under an organized crime group, a member of an organized crime group, an entity affiliated with an organized crime group, corporate racketeer, a person engaging in criminal activities under the pretext of social activism or political activities, a special intellectual crime group, or other antisocial forces (“Organized Crime and Other Antisocial Forces”) and is not involved with Organized Crime and Other Antisocial Forces, and also warrants that it will not belong to, fall under, or become involved with Organized Crime and Other Antisocial Forces in the future.
If the Company determines that a Site User belongs to or falls under Organized Crime and Other Antisocial Forces or is involved with Organized Crime and Other Antisocial Forces without good cause, the Company may take appropriate measures such as prohibiting the Site User from accessing the Site (in the case of a Registered User, including but not limited to the deregistration of the Registered User) and deleting the posts written by such Site User without giving any prior notice to the Site User.
The Company shall not be liable for any Damages, Etc. incurred by a Site User due to the measures taken under the preceding paragraph.
Article 14 (Severability)
If any provision of these Terms or a part thereof is found to be invalid or unenforceable under the Consumer Contract Act or any other law or regulation, the remaining provisions of these Terms or the remaining portion of a provision that is found to be partially invalid or unenforceable shall remain in full force and effect.
Article 15 (Governing Law; Jurisdiction)
Any dispute between a Site User and the Company shall be subject to the laws of Japan and the exclusive jurisdiction of the Tokyo District Court in the first instance. These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Japan.